Subscriptions is in 'beta' mode, meaning it's a new feature that may still have some glitches. Please contact us with any feedback about what works, what needs improving or how it could be better explained.
Subscriptions are recurring or standing orders that can be set up for the customers of any Enterprise with a shopfront. Once set up, these orders will be automatically processed at defined intervals (eg. weekly, fortnightly, monthly).
Subscriptions are convenient for customers, as they can know that their order will be processed without needing to remember to place their order.
Subscriptions are also a good way for an Enterprise to boost customer loyalty and make their order volumes more predictable.
Features of Subscriptions
- Customers can choose to have their 'usual order' placed automatically.
- Customers can set up an automatic credit card payment (using Stripe) for their subscription
- Enterprises and/or customers can pause, cancel and/or add/remove products from their standard subscription order.
Set up subscriptions: Step-by-Step guide
Configuration: this page describes the steps to make your enterprise 'Subscription Ready'
- Enable Subscriptions in your Enterprise Settings.
- Make sure you have Shipping and Payment methods setup for customers.
- Gather information from your customers, including their contact details, which items they'd like in their subscription and which shipping and payment methods they'll use.
- Add your subscription customers to your Customers list, and then ask them to signup to Harvest To Order.
- Setup Schedules, which will dictate how frequently subscriptions are processed.
****Creating and Managing Orders: this page describes the steps involved in actually creating a new subscription and subsequently processing the order.
- Create subscriptions for each customer.
- Edit, pause and delete subscriptions.
- Understand How subscriptions are processed (ie how they appear in your 'order list')
****Customer Set Up: this page describes a customer's perspective of subscriptions.
If you struggle with any aspect of setting up subscriptions for your enterprise you may like to have a look at our Frequently Asked Questions.